The Next Step Network is building a value chain that connects manufactured housing companies to nonprofit providers of affordable housing. This partnership helps the two sectors work together in a model that benefits not only both industries but ultimately, the customer: lower-income American homeowners.
The Next Step System for doing business includes five guiding principles:
1. Homebuyers prepared and supported through certified homebuyer education programs.
2. ENERGY STAR homes on FHA Title II permanent foundations.
3. Life-cycle pricing that is transparent to the nonprofit and to the homebuyer.
4. Mortgages with fair terms that enable families to earn wealth and/or preserve assets.
5. “A Home is a Home” policy commitment advocating that owners of manufactured homes have the same rights as owners of site-built homes.
Through proven experience and collaboration, we believe that when a home is done right every single time – on the right foundation, providing comprehensive homebuyer support and with the right financing – we can create an opportunity for systemic change.
Putting homeownership within reach, and transforming the manufactured housing industry through consumer education, affordability & energy efficiency.
Next Step is the first and only national strategy and scalable approach to bring factory built homes to nonprofits nationwide. We aggregate demand for the factory built housing industry by organizing, brokering and training nonprofits on the Next Step System for doing business.
Putting sustainable homeownership within reach of everyone, while transforming the manufactured housing industry through consumer education, affordability, and energy efficiency.