Nativity Academy is an independent Catholic non-profit and middle school that transforms the lives of students who have a commitment to achievement and whose families demonstrate financial need. Our mission is to challenge our students to reach their full potential academically, spiritually and socially, so they may grow to be responsible, caring and active leaders in their communities.
Nativity Academy serves its mission and goals through a multi-pronged approach:
1) Traditional middle school day with a daily supervised late afternoon study/tutoring session; minimal fees (parents pay $20/per month), and consistent parental involvement.
2) Extended-Day programming (EDP): More than 90% of our students live in single-parent households or households with working parents. Without the EDP program, these students would go home after school to no adult supervision. When there is no one home to make sure they are safe, monitor their behavior and nutrition, help with homework or take them to after-school activities, young people are more likely to engage in risky behavior. This can include alcohol/drug use, gang related violence, violent crime, sexual activity or becoming a victim of a violent crime. Extended-day programming directly addresses these critical concerns while providing educational and recreational activities in a safe, structured environment.
3) Graduate Support programming (GSP): The Graduate Support Program is designed to support middle school graduates through high school and into a post-secondary education. Program participants range from age 15-23. All activities are facilitated by adult staff, mentors, and volunteers who have positive relationships with program participants and their families.
Maintaining a positive support system for students throughout high school is one of the most important aspects of the Nativity Model in guaranteeing students’ successful high school graduation. The goal of GSP is for our students to successfully gain admission to high schools, graduate, and enter form of post-secondary education/training. Currently, 85% of our high school graduates are going on for post-secondary education. We support our graduates by:
• Visiting each student at his/her high school on a consistent basis
• Providing academic tutoring when needed
• Taking 7th and 8th graders as well as grads in high school on 4 - 5 college visits to regional colleges (recently Bellarmine, UK, Kentucky State, Campbellsville, Spalding, WKU, NKU)
• Arranging student/adult mentors for graduates when needed
• Maintaining relationships with parents/guardians of graduates
• Providing graduates with leadership opportunities and speaking engagements
We are an independent Catholic middle school that transforms the lives of students committed to achievement, and whose families demonstrate financial need!
We are located in downtown Louisville, and are in our 11th year of successfully serving our students and families!
An independent Catholic middle school that transforms the lives of students who have a commitment to achievement and whose families demonstrate financial need.
Nativity Academy has been selected again this year to participate in Brackets for Good, an online bracket-style fundraising competition inspired by the NCAA basketball...